MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) is a medical degree conferred by medical institutes of India. Though the name sounds like there are two degrees, the degree is actually one. The course includes 4 and half years of study, and one year of compulsory rotating internship. This degree is the basic degree for doctorate in India. Anyone interesting in becoming a doctor must pursue this degree first, before moving to any master degree.
Eligibilty to become MBBS in India
In order to become a doctor in India, a student should take up PCB after his 10th standard and score at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. If belonging to SC/ST, 40% marks is mandatory. Also, your age should be between 17 to 25 years at the time of entrance examination.
How to become an MBBS?
MBBS aspirants must appear for All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Entrance Examination. Those who pass out this exam can get admission in an MBBS college.
Top MBBS Colleges in India
There are numerous good institutes in India which can provide you with an MBBS degree. India is proud to have many of the world’s reputed colleges.
Below are some top MBBS Colleges in India:
- BharatiVidyapeeth University, Pune
- Padmashree Dr. D Y Patil Medical College, Mumbai
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad
- Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College, Aurangabad
- Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College, Navi Mumbai
- Index Medical College, Indore
- Pravera Institute of Medical Sciences Loni
Find the entire list using the below link:
Use the above link to browse through all the top MBBS Colleges of India, and choose the one that suits you the most!
BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. Those who want to become a dentist, should directly opt for this degree.
BDS is a five year course, with four year of study and one year of compulsory rotatory internship.
Eligibility to become BDS in India
Like MBBS, your age should be between 17 to 25 years at the time of entrance examination.
Top BDS Colleges in India
Below are some top BDS Colleges in India:
- Saraswati Dental College, Lucknow
- SRM Dental College, Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Government Dental College, Chennai
- Government Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai
- Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Devanagere
- Vananchal Dental College and Hospital, Garhwa
- Awadh Dental College and Hospital, Jamshedpur
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
Follow the below link for the entire list:
Approximately 5 Lakh students appear for AIIMS every year. Therefore, MBBS is a very competitive field. Almost all of the students of biology opt for this and thus the quality of human resources in it is also really good. MBBS means doctor, and doctor means MBBS, therefore it’s common sense that this field is a bit competitive.
BDS is a bit different from MBBS. It’s meant for dental care. Unlike other advanced fields of doctors, which require MBBS as a base first, BDS itself is independent and also has a post graduate degree, MDS.
Leave a Reply