Condenser Microphones are much-needed products if you are looking to setup a studio or aiming to record high-quality music anywhere. So, are you keeping an eye out for the best condenser Microphones under $200?
We’ve got your back! Fret not; we have filtered out the best brands and value for money condenser microphones which you can get under $200. Do note that the availability or warranty of the products mentioned below would vary according to where you live. Without further ado, let us check out some of the best condenser microphones available under $200.
Our Pick for Top 13 Best Condenser Microphones Under $200
- The price/performance standard in side address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home studio applications; The noise level is 20 dB SPL
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom engineered low mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source. Output connector: integral 3 pin XLRM type
Audio-Technica is a reputable brand while choosing to buy a condenser microphone for your very own studio. Not just brand name matters, Audio-Technica does offer a great deal of quality when utilized.
Here, Audio-Technica AT2020 condenser microphone stands out as one of the best budget condenser microphones under $200 one can get. This condenser microphone comes with a price tag of $99.
It is an ideal choice for small scale music projects or home-studio recording in combination with a good Music recording software (such as Nuendo). Check out this condenser microphone under $100.
- Large 32mm pressure gradient condenser capsule
- Gold-sputtered, 6 micron density diaphragm
- Solid state preamp balanced transformer output
- MXL-57 isolation shock mount available
MXL is rather an exciting product to go for if you have a slightly lower budget. Well, MXL does offer some high-end stuff as well. But, for those, who think $99 might be a bit out of their budget, MXL V67G offers an excellent quality audio recording at just $85.
It offers a premium quality recording with the help of its large 32mm pressure gradient condenser capsule. It could be a perfect choice for a budget gift, in case your loved one’s (father/mother/girlfriend, etc.) is fond of music.
- Features Blue Microphones premium condenser capsule, delivering low noise, high efficiency, and rapid response in any recording situation
- Designed with Focus Control, which results in a tighter, more direct and focused sound when selected
- Utilizes custom-matched circuitry with professional-quality, Class-A discrete components
- Circuit design pairs Spark's condenser capsule with a phantom-powered outboard amplifier to drive the capsule with linear control and accuracy
- Ships in a high-quality wooden box with a custom shockmount and metal pop filter and detailed recording guide showing complete setup and recording tips for a variety of instruments and vocal sounds
Blue is yet another powerful brand behind incredibly good microphone products. Blue’s Spark condenser microphone is an ideal choice for high-quality audio recording meant for YouTube.
The microphone offers the best audio clarity one can expect with a budget of just $139.99. Apart from the quality of recording you get, the microphone itself is an interesting piece to look out. You could utilize it for YouTube videos for a cooler look.
The build quality of the microphone is pretty impressive as well! Read more about this condenser microphone under $150.
- Audio-Technica Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Custom Shock Mount - Protective Pouch - Threaded Stands & Adapter
- Monoprice 4752 Premier Series XLR 10' Male to XLR Female 16AWG Gold Plated Cable
- Deco Gear Universal Pop Filter Microphone Wind Screen with Mic Stand Clip
- Deco Mount Professional Microphone Stand with Boom
Audio-Technica Cardioid Condenser Microphone is yet another quality product from Audio-Technica at just $149. It is not just the condenser microphone, but you got a lot of goodies along with it. You get a pop filter, a stand, and a gold plated XLR cable. All things considered, is $149 a bad deal? I don’t think so!
Also, you will get a clear audio recording with this condenser microphone. It has a decent amount of sensitivity but yet with minimal noise which shouldn’t be a problem, unless you record a raw music without processing it. Check out this condenser microphone under $200.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern
- Gold-plated XLR connectors
- Carry Case & shock-mounted mic clips included
- Sold as stereo pair
- Samson Audio (Author)
If you were looking for a portable condenser microphone which you could use for live sessions or even podcasts, then Samson is the way to go!
Samson C02 is a pencil shaped condenser microphone. Well, fret not, the tiny size would not impact the quality of recording it offers. It’s small, portable, and also fits your budget of under $200 (exactly $108).
You also get a carry case, and shock mounted clips along with it. Also, as you observe the image above, you get a pair of stereo microphones (not just one). We should mention that it offers relatively a lower sensitivity than some of the other condenser microphones. However, it is still the ideal choice for podcasts, interviews, etc. Read more about this condenser microphone under $200.
- High quality studio microphone with the convenience of USB connectivity
- Pop shield, Tripod desk stand, ring mount, storage pouch and 6m (20’) USB cable included
- 3.5 millimeter stereo headphone jack for zero-latency monitoring
Rode is a superior brand while choosing a condenser microphone for studio recordings. It is suitable for both podcasts and music recording as well.
The Rode NT-USB would cost you $169. Unlike others, it offers USB connectivity rather than an XLR connection. If you grab it now, you will get a small tripod, pop shield, and ring mount included. So, it’s a deal not to be missed!
We must mention that Rode NT-USB delivers the best noise isolation among the best condenser microphones under $200. Want to check it out? Follow this link to know more.
- Compact 1/2 inch cardioid condenser microphone with low noise and a full frequency response
- Matched pair has been carefully selected to ensure a variation of no more than 1dB sensitivity betwe
- A premium foiled certificate is supplied to verify the authenticity of the pair
- Finished with RODE's proprietary ceramic coating which offers a sleek matt black finish
- Supplied with WS5 windshields and RM5 stand mounts
The Rode M5 Compact is yet another premium condenser microphone under $200. It costs you $199.
Rode normally offers a higher price tag for similar products. However, if you are into serious music, you will notice a better quality audio. If you are into basic recordings, you won’t notice a thing. So, Rode isn’t a choice for a casual home studio recording but only to those who wish to present a music or high-quality voice over for YouTube or professional projects.
Similar to Samson’s condenser microphones, Rode M5 Compact also comes as a stereo pair. And, to be precise, the M5 compact is specially tailored to grab the acoustic sounds better than the others mentioned. Check out this condenser microphone under $200.
- One-inch dual-diaphragm microphone with three selectable polar patterns for the perfect setting
- Low noise electronics for high dynamic range
- Switchable attenuation pad for high SPL applications up to 155 dB SPL
The AKG P420 comes with a price tag of $199. It is one hell of a choice for the people looking to make the most out of their home-studio at a budget price. The AKG P420 truly brings the best out of your voice (if recording vocals). You may try it for the acoustics, but that wouldn’t be fantastic like Rode’s compact M5.
AKG offers a one-inch dual diaphragm for the best possible audio capture. Unlike some of the other condenser microphones mentioned above, you will not get a pop filter, or a tripod stand along with it. However, if you want a pop filter, you can opt for the bundled offer of around $206 at Amazon.
- Rugged all-metal body and robust design withstands tough day-to-day use
- Switchable attenuation pad for high SPL applications up to 155 dB SPL
- Heavy-duty, roadworthy, all-metal construction
- Country of Origin: China
The AKG Perception is a single pencil condenser microphone available for just $81. AKG Perception is by far the best choice you can make if opting to record individual podcasts or short music.
It offers a high-quality recording and does not break your bank at the same time. Of course, you should not expect a high-end studio-like quality. But, it’s something that is pleasant to hear too. It is one of the best condenser microphones under $100. Buy it now for just $81.
- Custom condenser capsule: Powered by Blue’s custom condenser capsule, Snowball iCE microphone delivers crystal-clear audio quality that’s light-years ahead of your built-in computer microphone
- Cardioid pickup pattern: Captures your voice with clear, focused sound for streaming, podcasting, broadcasting, Skype calls and Zoom meetings
- Stylish retro design: Record or stream in style with a classic recording equipment design that looks great on your desktop and on camera
- Adjustable desktop stand: Allows you to position the condenser microphone in relation to the sound source, improving sound quality and saving space on your desktop for the optimal broadcast setup
- Skype and Discord certified: Whether conducting interviews over Skype, streaming live gameplay on Twitch, or communicating across the globe, you’ll be heard loud and clear on leading VOIP platforms
How can we not include this in the list? It is one of the best cheap condenser microphones out there!
It comes with a price tag of just $49. However, it delivers an audio recording quality that could be easily comparable to the condenser microphones which cost about a $100.
For your information, Blue Snowball iCE is one of the most popular choices for the YouTubers who do not want to break the bank from the start. As much as it is an ideal choice for YouTube videos, it should be a perfect choice for podcasts as well.
- Kit includes: (1)Condenser Microphone + (1)Metal Shock Mount + (1)3.5mm to XLR Audio Cable + (1)Ball-type Foam Cap + (1)Pop Filter + (1)Scissor Arm Stand+(1)XLR Female to XLR Male Cable + (1)Table Mounting Clamp + (1)48V Phantom Power Supply + (1)Adapter
- The NW-700 professional condenser microphone adopts the completely new audio circuit. Capture rich, full-bodied sound from sources that are directly in front of the mic. The cardioid pick-up pattern minimizes background noise and isolates the main sound source
- NW-35 SUSPENSION STAND: made of all steel construction, sturdy and durable. *Max load: Approx 53oz / 1.5KG*. PlEASE NOTE: This Stand is NOT Suitable for Blue Yeti USB Microphone
- 48V Phantom Power Supply delivers reliable 48V power. Universal XLR input and output. On/off power switch and LED indicator. Comes with one adapter
- Shock Mount Diameter: 1.6"-1.8"/43mm-46mm. Table Mounting Clamp Maximum Opening: 1.7"/4.5cm. PLEASE VERIFY the size of your microphone and the thickness of table BEFORE ORDERING
Are you looking for a compact condenser microphone with a stand and power supply included? Well, maybe better, a pop filter as well? Neewer NW-700 Professional Condenser Microphone offers everything. All this at just $54.99!
Wait, this isn’t the end. You also get an Arm Stand with XLR cable baked into it. Although, Neewer NW-700 may not deliver a high-quality audio recording experience. It is still a lot more than you can bargain at such a low cost. You get a complete package of a compact yet cheap studio-like microphone setup.
You may need some additional audio processing rather working with the raw one for the public. It is one of the best condenser microphones under $50. Though costs $54.99, slightly above $50. You may consider checking if any discount offer is available.
- Large diaphragm 1” gold-sputtered capsule
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-low noise, self-noise of only 5dB (A)
- Includes Rode SM6 shock mount, pop filter and dust cover
- Internal capsule shock mounting
The Rode NT1A may not be technically the best condenser microphone under $200. However, it is surely one of the best budget condenser microphones you can have!
It is a little over the budget adding $29 to the cost, i.e., $229. However, if you are looking to get into a serious business with your work, I will definitely recommend adding the extra $29 to the budget.
And, among the other products mentioned above, this is a complete package. In fact, an Anniversary edition from Rode. This package contains a solid condenser microphone mount along with a pop filter. Buy it now.
- Portable USB condenser microphone
- Plug and Play Mac and PC compatible, no drivers required
- Custom compact design that clips to a laptop or sits on a desk
- Perfect for recording music, podcasting and field recording
- Ideal for voice recognition software, iChat, VoIP and web casting
If you are a field reporter, Samson Go Mic could be a cheap portable condenser microphone for quick audio recordings. Also, it is one of the best budget microphones under $50.
Samson Go Mic would cost you just $38.97. That’s way cheaper than anyone can think of for a portable condenser microphone! Well, of course, it isn’t the best one available. But, it’s a quite decent solution as a backup microphone if it is something urgent. Check out this budget microphone under $50.
Which is the Best Condenser Microphone Under $200?
As we take a good look on the condenser microphones under $200, we realize that you do not need to necessarily break the bank if you want a great quality audio recording experience within your budget. You do not need to spend thousands of dollars to start recording stuff. A 200 USD budget is all you need to let the people of the world experience your work.
Among the 13 best condenser microphones we mentioned, which one would you opt for according to your budget? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Don’t Forget to Check Out:
- Best Free Mp3 Downloader Apps for Android
- Top 10 Best Audiophile PC Speakers
- Best Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones Under $50