Looking for the best microphones for gaming? Are you gonna sing? Why would you want to know some of the best microphones for gaming anyway? Well, there’s reason to everything, and so we have here as well! If you are into live streaming on Twitch/Facebook or in for a YouTube commentary on a CSGO match, you definitely need one of the best microphones for gaming.
Also, if you are into multiplayer gaming where you need to communicate with your teammates with the help of a microphone, you should definitely opt for a good microphone, else you might end up killing your teammate (if you’re still using a 10-year-old earphone/headset for gaming). However, do note that you should opt for the best gaming headsets if you are into competitive FPS gaming. You don’t really need a high-end studio quality microphone for gaming. A decent microphone satisfying a few conditions would be good!
Factors to Consider before Choosing the Best Microphone for Gaming
Of course, there are no laid out factors to go with while choosing the best microphone. It always comes down to your personal preference whether you would want to get a really expensive microphone or a cheap one which does the work. I’d personally advise you to look at a couple of factors before deciding the best microphone for gaming:
This should be an easy pick. If you are not a professional gamer nor a popular game streamer, you don’t really need to spend a fortune. It won’t help you enhance your gaming experience anyway, better yet – invest in a better gaming mouse.
You may encounter some microphones being too bulky even at a lower price. But, you don’t really need them. You need your microphone to be portable enough so that you can shift its position while you are streaming or gaming as per your desired location.
It is not something to consider at all if you are looking at a microphone for gaming purposes. You only need a condenser microphone only if you are into music recording.
So, few of these factors when considered would help you decide a great microphone for gaming. Let us get right into the list of best microphones for gaming.
Top 8 Best Microphones For Gaming
|TONOR XLR Condenser Microphone Kit with XLR to XLR Cable/3.5mm to XLR/Adjustable Mic Suspension...||2,645 Reviews||$33.99||Check it on Amazon|
|Blue Snowball iCE USB Mic for Recording and Streaming on PC and Mac, Cardioid Condenser Capsule,...||17,989 Reviews||$59.99 $49.00||Check it on Amazon|
|Turtle Beach - Universal digital USB Stream Mic - TruSpeak - Xbox One, PS4 and PC||409 Reviews||$159.99||Check it on Amazon|
|Blue Snowball USB Microphone (Gloss Black)||6,065 Reviews||$99.00 $69.99||Check it on Amazon|
|Cyber Acoustics CVL-2008 USB Condenser Microphone for PC and Mac||9 Reviews||$118.45||Check it on Amazon|
|Razer Seiren Pro - Elite XLR and USB Digital Microphone - Record with Professional-Grade Studio...||165 Reviews||Check it on Amazon|
- ♪♫Note: 48V phantom power is not INCLUDED!(The condenser microphones require an external source of power like 48V phantom power.)/ It CANNOT be used with mobile phone and tablet computer. For a better sound quality, pls face the sound source directly onto the screened sides with logo of the microphone head.
- ♪♫All-in-one: Package includes a microphone, shock mount, adjustable suspension scissor arm stand, table mounting clamp, pop filter, windscreen, 3.5mm XLR cable, XLR male to female cable, a sound card and manual.
- ♪♫Cardioid Polar Pattern: Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides, improving isolation of desired sound source, which is ideal for podcasting, streaming, youtube video and also can be used for recordings at home or professional studio.
- ♪♫How to Connect: If your laptop doesn't have audio input port, you need to connect the phantom power to the laptop via a sound card. If you need to connect it into the mixer device, you need to connect the microphone to the mixer device via the XLR male to female cable.
- ♪♫Great Gift: The microphone is a great gift idea for your kids or friends who like to play games, record videos, voice over, etc.
If you are more into Livestream sessions, such as going live for a beta testing impressions or a new game review but you do not want to spend a fortune for a studio like a mic setup, then Tonor would be the best option you would have.
This microphone would cost you only $31.99, and it should be a pretty sweet setup to look at while live streaming. No one would ever think about a really low budget microphone when they look at your setup; it would seem to be a premium yet portable mic setup!
No products found.
KLIM Desktop USB microphone is fit for live stream sessions and multiplayer gaming sessions as well. To make this setup look good, you need a similar theme for your desktop (mouse pad, RGB lighting, etc.). It would cost you $26.89.
KLIM desktop USB microphone delivers a great quality audio. Also, it offers a decent amount of noise cancellation for in-game communication. However, make sure to use a headphone while utilizing it for in-game communication sessions. It is also a perfect fit for YouTube commentary videos on competitive CSGO matches. Hence, it is indeed one of the best microphones for gaming.
- Custom condenser capsule offers crystal clear audio for Skype, Messages and FaceTime
- Record vocals, create podcasts, and add narration to your home movies
- Add crystal clear audio to recordings for YouTube; Frequency Response: 40 –18 kHz
- Easy plug and play directly to your Mac or PC—no drivers to install
- Snowball iCE is a USB 2.0 device (USB 3.0 compatible as per USB 3.0 backward compatibility specification)
Blue Snowball iCE Condenser microphone is an all-purpose product. You can utilize it for YouTube video recordings, commentary sessions, live streaming gaming sessions, or in-game communication. It delivers a great audio recording quality even without an Audio interface.
Of course, if you can choose to bring an Audio Interface coupled with this microphone, you will get some pretty mind blowing results! It is unquestionably one of the most popular choices for a lot of popular YouTubers out there. So, if you have a budget of $49 (that is what it costs), grab it without a second thought!
- Console Livestreaming Made Easy : The first professional quality desktop microphone designed for gamers live streaming directly from Xbox One, PlayStation4, and PC or Mac via a single USB connection
- Adaptive Mic Patterns with TruSpeak Technology: High definition voice pick up with Table Top and Boom mounted modes for exceptional clarity
- Professional Processing Performance: Studio grade digital processing balances EQ, gain and compression to deliver superior voice performance
- Built In Headphone Amplifier: A zero latency headphone output provides accurate monitoring over game audio and voice levels
- Personalized Voice Tuning: A quick and easy to use software download offers voice presets to personalize your stream output
A special product for a specific group of people. As the description in the name suggests, the Turtle Beach is tailored especially for streamers! So, if you are into streaming videos and have a lot of potential viewers, you should consider utilizing it for best quality audio. It is a compact microphone which you can also utilize for live video streaming sessions which would look like a nice addition to your desk setup.
The Turtle Beach comes with a price tag of $75.90 and is definitely a steal deal considering the functionalities it offers. As an added bonus, you get an Ear Force Audio Hub software with which you get to tweak your voice (or personalize it) according to what you want as an output. So, you get a decent amount of control on your voice quality and how it should sound like right with the help of the bundled software that comes with this microphone. However, the Turtle Beach isn’t a perfect companion for FPS game enthusiasts.
- Transducer type: Condenser, pressure gradient with USB digital output
- Polar patterns: Omni directional or cardioid
- Frequency response: Position 1-3: 40-18kHz
- Sample/Word rate: 44.1kHz/16-bit
- Weight: 460 gram; Dimensions: 325 millimeter (circumference); Gloss black finish
Did we already mention the snowball microphone from Blue? Well, this is slightly a different and a pricier offering. It would cost $69 which is around 20 bucks higher than the one we suggested earlier.
As you can see in the image above, the color is completely different – pitch black. Surely, more price for it! The features and audio quality offered is completely the same, but the material utilized for an outer coating is more premium with this one. If you want a good looking snowball microphone, the white one may fall short, but this won’t! Give it a try!
6. Desktop Computer USB Gaming Microphone
No products found.
It is a similar offering to the first one we mentioned in this list. However, it is for someone who does not do live video sessions along with the game.
You can get this for a really low price of $9.99, and it should be a nice addition if you only stream the game along with the audio (no video of yours!). It should be an interesting product if you are starting podcasts.
- Clear audio: with four variable polar recording patterns; cardioid (directional), omnidirectional, bidirectional and stereo, this condenser mic produces clear
- MULTI-PURPOSE RECORDING: The sound and audio quality makes this microphone ideal for podcasts, vlogging, voice-overs, vocal, singing, music, broadcasts, interviews, videos, gaming, YouTube and Skype
- Easy to use: simply plug in and play, no installation needed. Connect USB cable directly to your Mac, PC or any electronic device with a USB connection
- High quality design: 8 inches in height and crafted from industrial-grade robust components, including die-cast anodized aluminium body and stand
- Accessories included: microphone includes adjustable angle desk stand, removable pop filter and 1. 5m USB cable
It is a tiny but a powerful microphone which can be used for a lot of purposes excluding in-game communication. Being a small microphone, it isn’t fit at all for in-game communication!
How on earth are you going to talk utilizing it while in a game? But, it is a perfect companion for podcasts, live sessions, and YouTube commentary considering the quality you get with it. Of course, you will have to pay more for it i.e., $109.99. It is one of the best portable budget microphones under $200. And, hence, indeed one of the best microphones for gaming.
- Built into the Razer Seiren Pro are three 14mm custom tuned condenser capsules in an array that is capable of 4 different recording pattern configurations
- The Razer Seiren Pro can easily switch up to four different dedicated recording patterns to suit a variety of audio capture needs
- Ensure you sound exactly the way you want your audience to hear you, and use the included controls to adjust the mic gain and headphone volume
- Unique to the Razer Seiren Pro is its high-pass filter. It lets you remove low-end rumbles and hums, typical ambient sounds found in home or studio recording environments
- The Razer Seiren Pro gives you the option to plug in the mic directly into a pro mixing board opening up your recording options
Gamers would go nuts to get this one! Anything from Razer should be an impressive product for gaming enthusiasts. However, Razer doesn’t offer budget products. You get a real simple design with Razer branding. It comes with a price tag of $249.
I must say, this is the best microphone for gaming compared to all the others mentioned in this list. Obviously, it costs a lot more. But, if you have a budget of around $150 to $200 for a microphone, you shouldn’t miss getting this one. It supports both USB and XLR connection. There’s a built-in headphone amplifier. You also get to adjust the recording patterns as per your requirements. The recording patterns are namely – cardioid, stereo, omni, and bi-directional.
Which is the Best Microphone for Gaming?
Getting the best microphone for gaming isn’t an easy task, nor you should pick a favorite in seconds. As a gaming enthusiast, you should think of how handy the microphone could come in the future. If you have got a great setup, you should add a good microphone as well. Who knows? Maybe you could be the next popular gaming streamer on Facebook/ YouTube/Twitch.
If you have no steaming sessions to perform and only want in-game communications to be cleared, you should opt for Blue Snowball iCE Condenser microphone or KLIM desktop USB microphone or simply the cheap alternative of a desktop USB microphone.
Which one do you think is your favorite among the best gaming microphones we listed here? Did we miss any of your budget favorites? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Don’t Forget to Check Out:
- 11 Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $200
- 13 Best Condenser Microphones Under $200
- Best Mp3 Music Downloader Apps for Android
- 13 Best Audiophile Computer Speakers Under $100-$500
- 12 Best Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones Under $50