Looking for the best microphones for gaming? Are you gonna sing? Why would you want to know some of the best microphones for gaming anyway? Well, there’s reason to everything, and so we have here as well! If you are into live streaming on Twitch/Facebook or in for a YouTube commentary on a CSGO match, you definitely need one of the best microphones for gaming.
Also, if you are into multiplayer gaming where you need to communicate with your teammates with the help of a microphone, you should definitely opt for a good microphone, else you might end up killing your teammate (if you’re still using a 10-year-old earphone/headset for gaming). However, do note that you should opt for the best gaming headsets if you are into competitive FPS gaming. You don’t really need a high-end studio quality microphone for gaming. A decent microphone satisfying a few conditions would be good!
Factors to Consider before Choosing the Best Microphone for Gaming
Of course, there are no laid out factors to go with while choosing the best microphone. It always comes down to your personal preference whether you would want to get a really expensive microphone or a cheap one which does the work. I’d personally advise you to look at a couple of factors before deciding the best microphone for gaming:
This should be an easy pick. If you are not a professional gamer nor a popular game streamer, you don’t really need to spend a fortune. It won’t help you enhance your gaming experience anyway, better yet – invest in a better gaming mouse.
You may encounter some microphones being too bulky even at a lower price. But, you don’t really need them. You need your microphone to be portable enough so that you can shift its position while you are streaming or gaming as per your desired location.
It is not something to consider at all if you are looking at a microphone for gaming purposes. You only need a condenser microphone only if you are into music recording.
So, few of these factors when considered would help you decide a great microphone for gaming. Let us get right into the list of best microphones for gaming.
Top 8 Best Microphones For Gaming
- ♪♫ GOOD SOUND EFFECT MICROPHONE: the condenser microphone adopts complete electronic circuit control and gold-plate diaphragm capsule. With a good cardioid polar pickup pattern,the microphone minimizes background noise and accurately records the most subtle sound.
- ♪♫ DURABLE & STURDY SCISSOR ARM STAND: the suspension scissor arm stand is made of durable steel material. It can be sturdily mounted on the announcers' table with the table mounting clamp.
- ♪♫ PROTECTIVE POP FILTE: the microphone wind screen pop filter or anti-wind cap cover protects your microphone from surplus spit / saliva,and helps get your best vocal recordings.
- ♪♫ ANTI VIBRATION SHOCK MOUNT: the shock mount is made of solid material and reduce the trill caused by vibration effectively.
- ♪♫ NOTE:(1)It cannot be used with mobile phone and tablet computer.(2)Voltage Required:5V, to obtain the best sound quality.(3)(3) For optimal sound quality, face the sound source directly onto the screened sides with Tonor logo of the microphone head. (4) 48V Phantom Power Supply is NOT INCLUDED!
If you are more into Livestream sessions, such as going live for a beta testing impressions or a new game review but you do not want to spend a fortune for a studio like a mic setup, then Tonor would be the best option you would have.
This microphone would cost you only $31.99, and it should be a pretty sweet setup to look at while live streaming. No one would ever think about a really low budget microphone when they look at your setup; it would seem to be a premium yet portable mic setup!
- ✅ GREAT SOUND QUALITY. Highly sensitive desktop microphone for PC. Features a patented audio filter to eliminate background noise and focus on the voice. We also provide a anti-pop filter.
- ✅ PLUG'N'RECORD. Simply plug in the microphone and it works. No software to install.You will find the user manual in englishl as a PDF enclosed to an email we send you. If you do not receive it, please contact us.
- ✅ WILL MATCH YOUR NEEDS. USB Microphone. Ideal for gaming, skype conversations, audio recordings and speech recognition.
- ✅ COMPATIBLE. Compatible with all brands (Apple, Asus etc) and all OS such as Windows, OS X, Linux.
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST. Made from reinforced plastic and metal interior reinforcement, extra-strong and durable. Very stable on its stand. Includes two LED lights. Adjustable neck. Complete volume control via a switch. Mute button available.
KLIM Desktop USB microphone is fit for live stream sessions and multiplayer gaming sessions as well. To make this setup look good, you need a similar theme for your desktop (mouse pad, RGB lighting, etc.). It would cost you $26.89.
KLIM desktop USB microphone delivers a great quality audio. Also, it offers a decent amount of noise cancellation for in-game communication. However, make sure to use a headphone while utilizing it for in-game communication sessions. It is also a perfect fit for YouTube commentary videos on competitive CSGO matches. Hence, it is indeed one of the best microphones for gaming.
- Custom condenser capsule offers crystal clear audio for Skype, Messages and FaceTime
- Record vocals, create podcasts, and add narration to your home movies
- Add crystal clear audio to recordings for YouTube
- Easy plug and play directly to your Mac or PC-no drivers to install
- Ships with desktop stand and USB cable
Blue Snowball iCE Condenser microphone is an all-purpose product. You can utilize it for YouTube video recordings, commentary sessions, live streaming gaming sessions, or in-game communication. It delivers a great audio recording quality even without an Audio interface.
Of course, if you can choose to bring an Audio Interface coupled with this microphone, you will get some pretty mind blowing results! It is unquestionably one of the most popular choices for a lot of popular YouTubers out there. So, if you have a budget of $49 (that is what it costs), grab it without a second thought!
- Console Livestreaming Made Easy - The first professional-quality desktop microphone designed for gamers livestreaming directly from Xbox One, PS4 Pro, and PS4.
- Adaptive Mic Patterns with TruSpeak Technology - Customize your streaming setup with multiple recording patterns and various mounting options
- Professional Processing Performance - Sound amazing with this studio-quality digital processor that automatically balances EQ, gain, and compression
- Built-In Headphone Amplifier - Built-in voice level mixing lets you hear game and chat audio through the microphone when headphones are plugged into the Stream Mic
- Personalized Voice Tuning - Personalize your streaming session with the voice presets in the Ear Force Audio Hub software
A special product for a specific group of people. As the description in the name suggests, the Turtle Beach is tailored especially for streamers! So, if you are into streaming videos and have a lot of potential viewers, you should consider utilizing it for best quality audio. It is a compact microphone which you can also utilize for live video streaming sessions which would look like a nice addition to your desk setup.
The Turtle Beach comes with a price tag of $75.90 and is definitely a steal deal considering the functionalities it offers. As an added bonus, you get an Ear Force Audio Hub software with which you get to tweak your voice (or personalize it) according to what you want as an output. So, you get a decent amount of control on your voice quality and how it should sound like right with the help of the bundled software that comes with this microphone. However, the Turtle Beach isn’t a perfect companion for FPS game enthusiasts.
- Transducer type: Condenser, pressure gradient with USB digital output
- Polar patterns: Omndirectional or cardioid
- Frequency response: Position 1-3: 40-18kHz
- Sample/Word rate: 44.1kHz/16-bit
- Weight: 460g; Dimensions: 325mm (circumference); Gloss black finish
Did we already mention the snowball microphone from Blue? Well, this is slightly a different and a pricier offering. It would cost $69 which is around 20 bucks higher than the one we suggested earlier.
As you can see in the image above, the color is completely different – pitch black. Surely, more price for it! The features and audio quality offered is completely the same, but the material utilized for an outer coating is more premium with this one. If you want a good looking snowball microphone, the white one may fall short, but this won’t! Give it a try!
It is a similar offering to the first one we mentioned in this list. However, it is for someone who does not do live video sessions along with the game.
You can get this for a really low price of $9.99, and it should be a nice addition if you only stream the game along with the audio (no video of yours!). It should be an interesting product if you are starting podcasts.
- Recording Microphone for Computer with multiple recording pattern's for almost all situations. Professional-grade aluminum die-cast construction, adjustable desk stand and LED power indicator.
- Four Variable recording patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Bidirectional, and Stereo. Comes with removable pop filter.
- Easy Plug and Play connect directly to a Mac, PC or any device with a USB connection. Perfect for recording vocals, podcasting, musical instruments, voiceovers, Skype, online gaming, conference calls, and more.
- Sound Monitoring Headphone jack and Convenient controls on microphone: mic pattern selection, headphone volume, microphone volume, and mute control. 3.5mm headphone output on bottom.
- HASSLE FREE 1 YEAR Warranty. Comes with 1.5m USB cable and removable POP Filter.
It is a tiny but a powerful microphone which can be used for a lot of purposes excluding in-game communication. Being a small microphone, it isn’t fit at all for in-game communication!
How on earth are you going to talk utilizing it while in a game? But, it is a perfect companion for podcasts, live sessions, and YouTube commentary considering the quality you get with it. Of course, you will have to pay more for it i.e., $109.99. It is one of the best portable budget microphones under $200. And, hence, indeed one of the best microphones for gaming.
- Built into the Razer Seiren Pro are three 14mm custom tuned condenser capsules in an array that is capable of 4 different recording pattern configurations
- The Razer Seiren Pro can easily switch up to four different dedicated recording patterns to suit a variety of audio capture needs
- Ensure you sound exactly the way you want your audience to hear you, and use the included controls to adjust the mic gain and headphone volume
- Unique to the Razer Seiren Pro is its high-pass filter. It lets you remove low-end rumbles and hums, typical ambient sounds found in home or studio recording environments
- The Razer Seiren Pro gives you the option to plug in the mic directly into a pro mixing board opening up your recording options
Gamers would go nuts to get this one! Anything from Razer should be an impressive product for gaming enthusiasts. However, Razer doesn’t offer budget products. You get a real simple design with Razer branding. It comes with a price tag of $249.
I must say, this is the best microphone for gaming compared to all the others mentioned in this list. Obviously, it costs a lot more. But, if you have a budget of around $150 to $200 for a microphone, you shouldn’t miss getting this one. It supports both USB and XLR connection. There’s a built-in headphone amplifier. You also get to adjust the recording patterns as per your requirements. The recording patterns are namely – cardioid, stereo, omni, and bi-directional.
Which is the Best Microphone for Gaming?
Getting the best microphone for gaming isn’t an easy task, nor you should pick a favorite in seconds. As a gaming enthusiast, you should think of how handy the microphone could come in the future. If you have got a great setup, you should add a good microphone as well. Who knows? Maybe you could be the next popular gaming streamer on Facebook/ YouTube/Twitch.
If you have no steaming sessions to perform and only want in-game communications to be cleared, you should opt for Blue Snowball iCE Condenser microphone or KLIM desktop USB microphone or simply the cheap alternative of a desktop USB microphone.
Which one do you think is your favorite among the best gaming microphones we listed here? Did we miss any of your budget favorites? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Don’t Forget to Check Out:
- 11 Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $200
- 13 Best Condenser Microphones Under $200
- Best Mp3 Music Downloader Apps for Android
- 13 Best Audiophile Computer Speakers Under $100-$500
- 12 Best Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones Under $50